Members of other service branches who want to join Air Force ROTC and become Air Force or Space Force officers may apply for the Professional Officer Course-Early Release Program (POC-ERP) or the Airman Scholarship and Commissioning Program (ASCP). Members applying for entry into AFROTC must meet the requirements for the program to which they are applying and obtain a conditional enlistment release from their service personnel system.
Applicants are not authorized to pursue a second bachelor’s or graduate degree or apply if they are within one year of completing a bachelor’s degree.
For questions on how to obtain a conditional release from your enlistment, please see your personnel office for assistance.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Have one year’s time in service (waiverable).
- Have one year’s time on station (waiverable).
- Be recommended by immediate commander.
- Pass AFROTC Physical Fitness Test.
- Be admitted to a school offering AFROTC.
- Have qualifying Air Force or Space Force Officer Qualification Test scores.
- Be commissioned and enter active duty before age 39 (To receive a scholarship, you must be under age 31 on December 31 of the commissioning year).
- Be able to complete all undergraduate degree requirements in two years or less (minimum 1.5 years with a waiver).
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative college grade point average.
- Not be selected for a reassignment prior to submission of the application (waiver requests are due August 15).