JUNIOR YEAR OF AIR FORCE ROTC
If you’re medically qualified and desire a rated career, you must compete for a rated officer allocation about 15 months prior to graduation from college and commissioning. During the fall term of your junior year, your detachment staff will assist you in applying for a rated career. In order to ensure that you are qualified to compete for a rated slot, you must first:
- Have a completed physical (coordinated with Air Force ROTC and completed by November of your junior year) confirming you are medically certified for a rated career field. This is in addition to the DoDMERB physical exam you complete previously.
- Pass the Air Force Officer Qualification Test.
- Pilots need minimum pilot score of 25.
- Combat systems officers need minimum combat systems officer score of 25.
- Take the Test of Basic Aviation Skills (TBAS).
The cutoff date for submitting updated information to your package is normally the second week of February during the spring semester of your junior year. Please check with your detachment for the exact date.