If you’re an enlisted Airman considering becoming an officer, you may already know some of the benefits. Joining ROTC enables you to earn a commission as an Officer in the U.S. Air Force. Once you become an officer, you’ll have plenty of advancement opportunities to move into higher ranks in the Air Force. You can check out a detailed chart of officer pay by clicking the button below.Officer Pay
When trying to decide what career or job you want after college, you should consider many factors, such as job satisfaction, pay, career progression and the total benefits package.
Here are some suggestions of questions to consider:
- What types of jobs/careers does the company offer?
- What are the career progression or advancement opportunities?
- What type of medical and dental coverage is available for my family and me?
- What is the vacation plan?
- Is there a limit to how much vacation time I can have?
- Do I have to work on the job for a certain time before I am eligible for vacation time?
Air Force Officers Are Offered the Following:
- The Air Force offers a benefits package that exceeds most Fortune 500 companies.
- Pay: highly competitive salary and allowance package
- Vacation: 30 days of vacation with pay each year
- Sick Leave: unlimited; full pay continues
- Medical Care: furnished at no cost
- Dental Care: furnished at no cost
- Life Insurance: $400,000 of low-cost term life insurance
- Social Life: officers clubs, swimming, golfing, bowling, tennis and more
- Education: opportunity for higher education with tuition assistance or full scholarship
- Retirement: opportunity to retire after 20 years with 50 percent of your base pay
- Promotions: Make first lieutenant after two years. Make captain after four years.
- Shopping: Save as much as 25 percent in on-base stores.
- Living Quarters: contracted, on-base housing available or off-base housing; you do not have to live on base and are not restricted to the base
- Tax-free housing and food allowances
- Travel: outstanding opportunities for worldwide travel
- Good starting salary with regular pay raises
- Take advantage of sports facilities, recreational facilities, intramural sports opportunities and golf courses on Air Force bases around the world.
- 100 percent of your postgraduate tuition costs covered via tuition assistance
- Space-available travel outside the United States for a nominal fee
- Base Legal Assistance Office
- Possible eligibility for Veterans’ Administration Home Loans
Whether you just have some questions or you’re ready to enroll, we’re here to help. Give us a call at 866-423-7682 or send us an email.
Send An Email