Interested in becoming an Air Force nurse? Air Force ROTC has nursing opportunities for students wanting to become an Air Force nurse.
The Nursing Scholarship program is operated on a competitive basis – we anticipate having an In-College Central Selection Board (to include nurses) in the Spring 2012 time Frame. More details to follow.
To be eligible to apply for a Nursing Scholarship, you must:
- Be a United States citizen by the end of the projected term of activation
- Pass the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test » (AFOQT)
- Pass the Air Force ROTC Physical Fitness Test »
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative college grade point average
- Complete a physical examination and be certified as commissioncommissionBestowed upon an AFROTC graduate by the President of the United States recognizing them as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. -qualified by the Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board. (Non-AFROTCAFROTCAir Force Reserve Officer Training Corps students can apply if the examination has been scheduled. If selected, they cannot activate a scholarship until the certification is complete.)
- Not already be a contracted scholarship recipient
- Meet the age, moral and other scholarship eligibility requirements » for Air Force ROTC
- Majoring in Nursing at an NLN or CCNE accredited college or university* that offers AFROTC
*Must be a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). See the NLNAC website at www.nlnac.org or the CCNE website at www.aacn.nche.edu/Accreditation/index.htm for a list of accredited programs.
You may also be eligible to receive scholarship money while you are in college. Click here to learn more ».
How To Apply?
Applications for the Nursing Scholarship are processed at the detachmentdetachmentThe Air Force ROTC unit at a host university. level. Contact the detachment serving the school you attend or desire to attend, and they will work to nominate you for the appropriate scholarship program.